Your brakes are practically synonymous with safety, as without properly working brakes, you might find yourself, your passengers, and other drivers on the road in a potentially life threatening situation. When it comes to your brakes, don’t cut any corners, and it is always better to be safe than sorry. Here are 8 warning signs that your brakes need work and need it now:
- Your brake light is on.
- When in motion, you are hearing a squealing, high-pitched noise. This is a sign your brake pads are beginning to wear out, and your steel brakes are coming into contact with the rotor. Grinding is also an indication of metal against metal, so if you are hearing this noise, it could spell trouble.
- You feel wobbling or vibration when you are using your brakes, which may be the result of an uneven rotor.
- If you notice your brakes leaking fluid, turn to the technicians at Ponder Auto Repair. This fluid is crucial for creating and storing power in your braking system.
- Your brakes feel spongy or soft. If your brakes feel softer when you step on them, this is also a symptom of something wrong.
- Yikes! If you smell a burning noise while driving, this sign is usually indicative of overheated brakes or a clutch.
- If you are pulling to one side of the road while driving, this could a damaged brake hose or caliber.
- If your vehicle bounces up and down when you stop shortly, a serious problem could be the cause. Surprisingly, this problem has nothing to do with your brakes and everything to do with your shocks.
Your brakes are imperative to the overall safety of your vehicle. If you are experiencing any of the symptoms listed above, it could mean something serious. Schedule an appointment with the technicians at Ponder Auto Repair in Johnson City, TN, and we will make sure your brakes are up to snuff.