Summer is officially here! For many of us, that means some fun in the sun, whether that means a summer road trip, a drive to the park, or anything else that involves soaking up that summer sun. Just like how you have to prepare for the summer by breaking out your bathing suit, lathering up in sunscreen, and staying hydrated, your vehicle does too! Summer’s rising temperatures, along with the dust and debris kicked up, can wreak havoc on your vehicle without some essential services. The team at Ponder Auto Repair has some summer car care tips for you. Take a look:
- Make sure your oil and oil filter is changed. If your last oil change was a while ago, this is especially important! Intense weather conditions, whether that may be hot or cold weather, makes your vehicle work extra hard. Your oil is responsible for ensuring all your engine parts stay lubricated, and your oil filter is responsible for capturing any debris or dirt that might have gotten trapped in your oil system.
- Keep a close eye on your fluid levels! Weather changes can result in low transmission fluid, power steering fluid, coolant, and even windshield wiper fluid. We highly recommend keeping a close watch on your coolant fluid as your coolant fluid will prevent your vehicle from overheating. Low coolant levels are, in fact, the number one cause for summer breakdowns. Bring your vehicle to Ponder Auto Repair, and we will perform a thorough inspection.
- Monitor your tire pressure. Your tires will lose tire pressure daily, depending on the outside temperature. For example, in cooler weather, your tires will lose one or two pounds of air per month. If you are planning a road trip, it is essential to check your tires before you go. Tires with low air pressure will wear out faster.
- Check your alignment. If your vehicle is pulling to one side while you are driving, your steering wheel vibrates, or your steering wheel isn’t aligned in the center, you might want to bring your vehicle to Ponder Auto Repair for an inspection.
- Don’t forget about your battery. Heat is the number one cause of battery failure and reduced battery life, which means it would be smart to have a technician examine your battery for any issues.
Don’t forget the NASCAR All-Star Race is July 15th, with only 30,000 seats available. Better get your tickets now! Let’s make sure your vehicle is ready for summer, including the drive to the NASCAR All-Star Race! The team at Ponder Auto Repair wants you to enjoy your summer and not worry about your vehicle’s condition. Schedule an appointment with the technicians at Ponder Auto Repair in Johnson City, TN for a touchless experience.