Fourth of July is a time of celebration, but it is important not to get too carried away! The team at Ponder Auto Repair wants you to have a safe and fun holiday this July, so we have put together some safety tips for you to follow. If you are planning on driving anywhere this Fourth of July, our technicians can perform a thorough inspection to ensure you aren’t faced with any surprises while you are out and about.
- Take a look at the local laws for fireworks regulations before planning any celebrations.
- High-grade fireworks should be left to the professionals, as they often require delicate handling. It is always better to be safe than sorry.
- If you see any fireworks wrapped in brown paper bags, avoid them, as this is a sign these are meant for a professional.
- If your little ones are playing with sparklers, make sure an adult is present. These fireworks may seem small but they can still pose a danger, especially if your little ones plan on playing with them.
- Keep a bucket of water or hose nearby in case something goes wrong.
- When lighting a fuse, make sure your body is out of the way and not directly above the fireworks. It is imperative to keep a safe distance away after lighting any fireworks.
Schedule an appointment with the technicians at Ponder Auto Repair in Johnson City, TN. For most of us, your vehicle is symbolic of freedom and independence, just what this holiday means to us. Don’t hesitate to bring your car to us for auto repair and maintenance. We can’t wait to see you!