Think of how much your body needs water to stay hydrated! Without water, your health would quickly diminish. It is exactly the same for your vehicle -- your car needs fluids to perform in tip-top shape. Your vehicle has certain fluids, which keep systems with your vehicle performing in optimal condition.
To keep your vehicle hydrated, it is essential to check these fluids regularly:
- Gas: We know all about this fluid! This fluid powers your engine, and without gas, you wouldn't be able to go anywhere.
- Oil: Oil minimizes any friction in your engine. Without oil, all the moving parts in your engine would grind together, which can cause severe damage to your engine.
- Coolant/antifreeze: Coolant and antifreeze regulate your vehicle's temperature, so your car doesn't get too hot during the summer or too cold during the winter.
- Transmission fluid: Your transmission fluid allows you to shift gears by those gears properly lubricated.
- Power Steering Fluid: Power steering fluid allows you to turn your vehicle quickly. If you didn't have power steering fluid, you have to actually use your weight to steer your car down the road.
- Differential fluid: Your vehicle's differential fluid keeps your vehicle's front axle and rear gears in the front axle or rear lubricated by minimizing metal-to-metal contact.
- Brake fluid: Without brake fluid, your brake system would be compromised, which could affect your ability to stop.
- Air Conditioning Refrigerant: To make sure you can enjoy a cool and comfortable cabin, your vehicle needs air conditioning refrigerant to keep all that cold air pumping into your car.
- Washer fluid: Without washer fluid, your windshield wipers wouldn't be able to work, which can affect your ability to see what is in front of you.
Schedule an appointment with the technicians at Ponder Auto Repair in Johnson City, TN, for a high-quality auto repair, and we will make sure each of your fluids is at the proper level.