If you are a parent, you know how it goes… You find yourself stuck in traffic, and now you and your little ones are going to be stuck in the car for hours on end. Perhaps, you and your family, instead, on our a spontaneous trip to the mountains, and the weather takes a turn for the worst. Either way, as a parent, you have to be prepared for anything. The team at Ponder Auto Repair is here to help -- here are five things every parent should have in their vehicle:
- Sunscreen: no matter where you are, sunscreen is an absolute must. Even if the sun isn’t out, the UV rays can still affect you and your little ones, and dealing with a sunburn is easily one of the most uncomfortable experiences. To avoid these situations, make sure to stock up your vehicle with sunscreen.
- Emergency First Aid Kit: It almost goes without saying, but an emergency first aid kit is something we should all have in our cars. This emergency kit should include all the first aid basics, including band-aids, bandages, and sanitizer.
- Extra Clothes: You never know when you might need an extra set of clothes. We recommend compiling an additional pair of clothes for each of your children, putting them in a Ziploc bag, and tucking them away somewhere in your vehicle. Imagine if you had a fun trip to the river, and your little one gets all wet. A drive back home in wet clothes doesn’t sound too much fun, but if you have an extra set of clothes, you can easily avoid this problem.
- Toys and Non-perishable Snacks: We all have heard the dreaded “are we there yet?” To avoid this question and to keep your kids entertained, toys are a must. You could even pack a few coloring books and colored pencils. We also don’t want your children to go hungry. Simply stash some non-perishable snacks, such as trail mix or fruit chews.
- Towels and Trash Bags: With children, messes are practically unavoidable. Towels can clean up almost any mess, from a split drink to a bloody nose. Trash bags are an excellent way to get rid of these towels and keep the mess confined to one area.
An unexpected breakdown can also be unfortunate, especially if your little ones with you at the time. To avoid these situations, preventative maintenance performed by the technicians at Ponder Auto Repair is critical. Schedule an appointment with the technicians at Ponder Auto Repair in Johnson City, TN for a touchless experience.